Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Maramarua War Memorial

 

The Memorial at Maramarua was top of my list when I first embarked on this project.   For several years I have driven past this memorial on busy State highway 2 on my way to many summer and winter holidays. I have often than wondered how many men were remembered on this lonely war memorial.  In January 2011 on my way back from yet another summer holiday I stopped to photograph the memorial. There were sixteen men listed as killed in action from the surrounding areas.

Listed below are the sixteen men:

Edwin Baldwin
J Brown
J Clark
William Henry Foote
John French
J Green
Thomas Hylton
G Douglas
James Kearney
Alexander Joseph Mabey
Donald Alexander McLennan
C Vinson
T Wynyard
T Peters
Clarence Samuel Moyle
William Stretton

No comments:

Post a Comment